Saturday, June 09, 2007

Swimming! Egret stalking!


Today Lulu finally made the leap from wading to full-on swimming as she went for a tennis ball in the canal at Point Isabel. So exciting. Oddly, none of the folks hanging around there were the least bit friendly about my excitement. I have really had a culture shock coming from the fabulously friendly Allston Park in Napa to the markedly reserved souls at Pt Isabel. I'd say about one in every 50 people actually returns my smile or 'good morning.' I seem to be breaking some protocol. Too bad, cheer up you East Bay people, relax and just say hello, it won't kill you. Maybe someday the attitudes at Point Isabel will match the setting and features, which are extaordinary and energizing.

Soon after Lulu started swimming, she spotted and gave big chase to an egret. An egret! Lulu was in heaven and I was a little worried she'd have such static in her brain due to bird lust that she'd follow the dang bird out into the ocean. Luckily she heard me and swam back, albeit quite reluctantly.

No comments: