Sunday, November 05, 2006

house for sale














I've decided to lose the internal war I've been waging with the who-says-so notion that this blog needs to be all about art and only about art. I'd rather have everything in one place and sometimes it will inform the art, sometimes the art will inform it, sometimes it will be random and who knows?

So - about selling my house


the kitchen then
















The kitchen now:















When I first viewed this house about 3 years ago, it smelled of cigarettes and also faintly of cat urine.

In 2004, photo on left shows the second bedroom, which had (just out of view) fake wood paneling tacked to the drywall. On the right is the same bedroom now:











It was all decorated with pink lacey frilly things with not even a nod toward the modern architecture.























The master bedroom was set up in such a way that you couldn't really even see that there are these great sliding glass doors onto an atrium!

I pulled out all the smoke-infested carpet and tossed various tints of concrete stain on the floor. I ripped out the sliding metal doors on all the closets and pantry and painted the brown faux-wood kitchen cabinets a rich blue. Lucking out big time, a friend who just happened to have a crane on his truck also just happened to want the old wood stove, so away that went too. My wonderful sister helped enormously by paying a painter to give a significant lift to the living room.

Now, as it comes time to sell it, we’ve added carpeting and the stagers have done their magic with arrangement of furniture. I also spent a few days pulling down a large wall collage in my bedroom, scrubbing the rubber cement off, patching the drywall, priming and painting the whole room a color called “wheat.” Turns out I love the warm tone, very cozy.

Want to buy it, by the way? Check it out
.

1 comment:

ferenge mama said...

This is amazing. And slightly horrifying.

You have really done an awesome job on this casa!!!