Monday, November 20, 2006

mercy me

Ok, so now on a more serious note. Serious but not dour.

As I sat in the chapel at St Andrew yesterday morning, listening to the incredible music, being encouraged by the inspiring, forgiving, human, thought-provoking, welcoming words from the Rev, I just felt right to my bones that no one could help but want to be part of this place.

The Rev was talking about Hannah singing a redemption song, about giving it all over to God, including your emotions, your trials. About not keeping a stiff upper lip.

I think of myself as someone who has been hugely redeemed when I was allowed recovery from addiction. But as I listened, I started seeing myself as someone who could be allowed more than one redemption song. I could keep my house clean and share it with someone else. I could get health around money and be a good partner.

No comments: