Monday, August 06, 2007

Free time, computers and mojo


I'm starting to think that 'being rich' for someone who wants to do lots of art is equivalent to having loads of free time, not necessarily loads of cash. At least that's how it feels at the moment. Nearly everywhere I look I see an idea for a project that I don't have time for and feel frustrated. I guess that's better than not feeling inspired.

What I did have time for was to plan out a new "traveling journal" using a Ning group (and inspired by an existing Ning Project called Artbook Coalition.) So far, I have signed up 3 friends to participate via Ning invite and 1 friend via good old-fashioned word of mouth. In fact, this friend was very funny about it. I was asking him if he'd like to take part and if I could contact him via email. He said,

"Oh no! The computer stole my mojo. So I gave it to the Salvation Army." I laughed and told him I'd get him the traveling artbook by hand.

"I do have my mojo back, by the way," he said.

"Oh, that's very clear. We can all see the mojo," I said.

We also agreed, sadly, that the television is also a bad mojo destroyer, but I am having a hard time getting to the "atom bomb of step one" around TV watching.

No comments: