Wednesday, October 03, 2007

one of those days

OY

Here is how it goes sometimes. Came in to my office at 8 am for a meeting to discover I should have been here at 7 am instead, but failed to note properly.

Then, at our 8 am meeting, I discovered that the project file I worked on for 5 hours yesterday got corrupted somehow when I sent to my boss last night. So when he opened it, it looked like I'd done no work. To his credit, he tactfully said,

"I don't quite understand this file."

And then it turned out that about 1/2 of the assumptions I needed to make in creating the project file last night were overturned or invalidated in that 7 am meeting. Which it turned out I myself had scheduled in the first place, telling the Austin team cheerfully, "Oh I have no problem with early morning meetings."

How do I de-doofus my day?

Where is the "re-do" button?

1 comment:

ferenge mama said...

I hope today was an anti-doofus day (to make up for yesterday).

:-)