Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Congratulations to Honda engineers!

Someone plowed into the right rear of my CRV while I was heading home last night - I was travelling along at 65 miles per hour or so, so whoever it was must've been going super fast. I heard a big screech of tires and then heard and felt the impact to my car, which amazingly did not get knocked into the carpool lane. (I was in Lane 2.) I heard more crashing noise, so I assume that car also hit someone else, but I couldn't stop in the middle of fast traffic on the freeway, so I made my way over to the shoulder.

Once I was there, I got out and looked back but couldn't see the accident scene. I checked my car and it was all just crumpled metal and screwed up bumper back there, but no apparent intrusion on the tire well and no damage to the tail lights. Good job Honda engineering, is what I say! I think I have a bit of whiplash, but not sure what Kaiser would do about that if anything.

It's amazing how stupid a big shot of adrelin will make you. I couldn't figure out who to call or what to do. I just felt unsafe and couldn't wait to get off the road.

But thank goodness I'm ok. Weirdly, no one reported any kind of accident except me. It's hard to believe the other drivers could just drive off based on the noises I was hearing, but there you have it.

Also weirdly, my very own sister was involved in an auto accident yesterday too. What the heck is in retrograde?

No comments: