Sunday, February 18, 2007

Double-dog dare ya!

So my sister and I were laughing about this blog challenge to list out a favorite ten things beginning with a given letter of the alphabet. She said something about how mean it would be to tag someone with the letter "Q". To which I said,

"No, Q would be easy and fun. Wait, no. It would be really hard. Don't give me the Q." And then a minute later:

"No, Q would be easy!"

So, sis decided I was simply ASKING for it to be tagged with that Q no matter what I said from there on out. And a double dog dare oftens works on me, I'm afraid to say.







1. Quilts of Gee's Bend
Every time I see these beautiful quilts. I remember one of the quilters saying, "We did the best we could with what God gave us and we enjoyed ourselves."


2. Quiet
Sometimes I think the reason I haven't had children is simply because I absolutely love peace and quiet when I get done with work, for time to regroup, meditate, read, draw.






3. Questions
Where would all the philosophy majors (like me) be without them? I ask you?




4. Queen Elizabeth
God bless her for encouraging theater during Shakespeare's time!



5. Quiche Lorraine

Real men eat it.




6. Quercus lobata - (a.k.a. Valley Oak)

This tree reminds me of many wonderful places in California and some stunning paintings of those enlivening spots.






7. Queue

This word reminds me of Britain and the endearing character of its people. In addition to being articulate and wryly funny no matter if an aristocrat or a lorry driver, they are also deeply civil and know how to queue correctly.





8. Quirky

My favorite type of person. Say, for example, Rene di Rosa.










9. Quail

Also a lovely reminder of childhood in California.




10. Quiver
...in anticipation.

1 comment:

ferenge mama said...

Nicely done!! I should never have doubted for a minute that you would come through with a Quality Q Queue.