Friday, February 09, 2007

rain, fried chicken sandwich, boxes

After much trekking up and down the stairs (5 hours worth), the fabulous Layne and Juan got all my schtuff out of the POD and into my new home in Point Richmond. Toward the end, the skies really opened up and they got soaked. But I tipped well, so hopefully they are happy campers.

I can't believe how many boxes there are. Who bought all this? Why oh why? I think there will be another solid round of tossing stuff. Makes me feel a bit sad and wasteful, but better I send it along to its next owner and feel the pain of my past behavior than store it and be haunted by it hovering over me always.

Anyhow, I unpacked some of the stuff, read a few pages of a Dick Francis mystery and fell sound asleep around 4 pm. Woke up briefly at about 8 pm and enjoyed some breakfast cereal before zonking out shortly thereafter until 7 am this morning. Guess I was a bit wiped. Yeah, just a tiny weeny itsy bitsy bit. I'm sure part of it was the relief of getting the move finally done. It was lovely to discover that my new place warms up nicely with the gas heater and stays that way, thanks to the fab double-paned windows the landlords just put in.

Today, my lovely coworkers included me in on a lunch place secret and now I think I have found my new favorite food. I thought maybe I hadn't heard him correctly when Jim asked if I'd like a "Fried Chicken Sandwich" from Bakesale Betty's. But, lo, it was true. This little bake shop on Telegraph offers a sandwich to die for, stuffed with the aforementioned chicken and also some delicious coleslaw-type stuff. Heaven.


1 comment:

ferenge mama said...

ooh, that looks yummy!

so glad you are all moved in. and i feel your pain about all those boxes. :-)