Monday, January 22, 2007

Austin


The company that is acquiring us is based in Austin and I have raised my hand to say, "Yes! I'll go!"

Now, I also find that they have a Shakespeare Studies department at the university there. Man, oh man oh man. How great is that?
I hear nothing but good things about Austin, so my focus is shifting more in the direction of Texas. Who'd a thunk it? Heck, I can ride western and adore Shakespeare and create paintings and listen to the Dixie Chicks with the best of them. Ok, so I might get bucked off if I went up against the best of them western rider types, but still...
I like the "Keep Austin Weird" web site.
I just recalled that back in November, my sister and I both took a "what city are you?" test and my result was Austin! Actually, so was hers. Maybe she should ditch California too. There is only that pesky problem that she's able to practice her profession just in California. Does JetBlue fly to Austin? That would make things much happier.

No comments: