Friday, January 26, 2007

Times, they are a-changin'...


I tried to get into Chester Arnold's class, but he was totally over-subscribed (over-booked?) Anyhow, his class was too full. He sent me over to a painting class, but I don't know that I like the teacher and the students were all about 18 years old.

So instead I signed myself up for a Thursday night "Figure Painting" class at California College of Art! yay! Teacher is someone named Sian Oblak . I find her work intriguing.

The teacher from College of Marin last night did show some fun slides before we started in on painting and I jotted down a couple of new names - artists I liked.

David Salle

Raymond Saunders (image in this post)
It looks like I may be able to keep my job in Berkeley, despite a recent acquisition of our company by a competitor. I like the new guys (from our new HQ) and also like their product, so it would be great to stay.
As it turns out also, my art-class friend Carmen just got a job in Kentfield and doesn't want to commute from Napa, so we may find a place down here together, ideally some loft-type space where we could leave our art projects out. Yippee!
Had a great meeting this morning with Molly. She is so perceptive and encouraging. It's a real gift to be a good teacher / coach and I just feel so lucky when I get hooked up with one.

No comments: