Saturday, January 20, 2007

fruit, walking

I recently hired a coach and all of the goals we outlined in my plan are now kind of up in the air, so my whole focus this week is truly simple: walk every day, eat more fruit.

I'm very glad I found this coach; she was supportive without being gushy, has a great sense of humor and was not thrown off by all the rollercoaster activity of my last week. She also pointed out strengths she thinks I have and helped me focus on those, instead of getting bogged down in the negative. Very affirming and motivating.

She said something like - well, it seems you have your palms up and are saying, ok, i'm flexible, it can be Austin or DC or Berkeley and I'd be excited for any of those. And that puts you (me) in a great position, it's a strength. I also described to her all of the things I like about what the company does for its customers and how that makes it even more worth it to be that open.

Everyone has been so supportive about Velda. I'm so wiped about it but don't want to be weepy and sentimental with people in person - it just feels private. I also feel like I've been inundated with interactivity and just need some time to be all by myself. Thank goodness it's the weekend finally.

No comments: